Thursday, February 5, 2009

Waiting in Line at Court...

So I had to go by the court today to take care of a ticket and see the judge. It's a pretty involved process that typically also involves hanging out in line. So there I was waiting at 10:00 for the 9:30 call to enter the courtroom and I overhear two people talking. The first is waxing poetic about an optimistic philosophy of life...

"When your car gets a flat tire on the way to a job interview you need to not cuss out your tire."


... Such an enlightened man, what could be his secret? The women he was talking to finally asked the relevant question...

"What month were you born... oh, you're a Virgo, that makes sense!"


... before going into a long story about how she was going to get her driver license back and then sue somebody.

And as I glanced at another women I overheard on the phone earlier leaving in a huff (she wants the house she bought while married with her husband to be all hers because she totally changed some names surrounding the deed without telling her husband and the Judge said 'maybe she should get a lawyer') I thought myself unworthy in the presence of these towering intellects.

2 comments:

Spork In the Eye said...

Crap. I'm a virgo. But I swear like a f'ing sailor if I have any sort of car trouble. What am I doing wrong?

Tatarize said...

The general idea is that that Virgo was so enlightened. It wasn't that cussing was wrong but the idea that cussing would help. You see he's discovered that cursing at inanimate objects doesn't actually help your outlook.