Thursday, September 20, 2007

Redefining 'planets' to keep Muslims down.

12:4 When Joseph said unto his father: O my father! Lo! I saw in a dream eleven planets and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating themselves unto me.


In Surah 12:4, the SAQ makes this note: "Joseph saw in a dream eleven planets. Does this mean that according to the Quran there are eleven planets in our solar system?"

What's funny about this is we only have 8 planets, but what would be the case if we didn't change the definition of planets? We would have added Ceres, Pluto, Eris to our counts. We would have had 11! My goodness, thankfully we redefined planets just in time to prevent the Koran from being correct. We never would have heard the end of it!

Thank you astronomers. Shhh... nobody tell, I don't think the Muslim have stumbled on to this yet.

No comments: