Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm not sure what to root for...

Sarah Palin is a train wreck.

Palin says the Iraq war is a task from God.
As a mayor she canned the police chief for caring about public safety.
She's a long time supporter of a Alaska secessionist party.
Dr. Laura thinks she's a bad mother for working.
She threatened to fire a librarian for failure to ban books.
She claimed to have fought pork when she was first to the trough.
She fired a guy for not firing her ex-brother-in-law in a personal dispute. She's now refusing to testify unless the investigation is turned over to her cronies.
She goes to a church run by a leader of Jews for Jesus*.

Now, should I root for change or more of the same? This train wreck seems to be giving Obama a boost and the media seems scurrying to find out more and more dirt because there's so much dirt to find. However, I kind of want more Obama laying some smack down. I suppose it's a wealth of riches. I mean, suppose they yank her nomination within the next couple days and put up somebody else? Is that good or bad? I mean this is one gnarly looking slow-motion train wreck... but would I prefer to watch this or have a good narrative about how bad McCain's judgment is? Ofcourse, maybe she stays on the ticket and McCain wins... drops dead... and we have Super-Bush in office?

I'm at a loss as to what I should want.


*Jews for Jesus is not confused, it's a Christian evangelical group which proselytizes primarily to Jews under the auspices of being Jewish themselves.

No comments: