Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rep. Monique Davis (D), ignorant, bitch.

Monique Davis of the Illinois General Assembly.

Davis: I don’t know what you have against God, but some of us don’t have much against him. We look forward to him and his blessings. And it’s really a tragedy -- it’s tragic -- when a person who is engaged in anything related to God, they want to fight. They want to fight prayer in school. I don’t see you (Sherman) fighting guns in school. You know? I’m trying to understand the philosophy that you want to spread in the state of Illinois. This is the Land of Lincoln. This is the Land of Lincoln where people believe in God, where people believe in protecting their children.… What you have to spew and spread is extremely dangerous, it’s dangerous--


Lincoln was quite likely an atheist and born in Kentucky. Further, why fight for prayer in school... forced prayer to God for all people. Voluntary prayer still and always legal.

Sherman: What’s dangerous, ma’am?


Guns? Nutty Christians?

Davis: It’s dangerous to the progression of this state. And it’s dangerous for our children to even know that your philosophy exists! Now you will go to court to fight kids to have the opportunity to be quiet for a minute. But damn if you’ll go to [court] to fight for them to keep guns out of their hands. I am fed up! Get out of that seat!


Atheism isn't a philosophy it's a statement of the obvious. Atheism is the noises reasonable people in the presence of unreasonable religious beliefs.

Sherman: Thank you for sharing your perspective with me, and I’m sure that if this matter does go to court---


Gimme a zinger.

Davis: You have no right to be here! We believe in something. You believe in destroying! You believe in destroying what this state was built upon.


Destroying? Oy. She's as stupid as she is stupid.

4 comments:

Pure Bliss said...

And CHRISTIANS say they are persecuted! Whatever! I bet few to none of them are worried that they will be judged harshly for having a Christian sticker on their car; I sometimes wonder what my co-workers must think about me since I have an Atheist sticker on my back window. Thankfully, it seems none of them take the Bible literally enough to stone me per God's instructions. ;P

Tatarize said...

There is nothing in the Bible which says to stone unbelievers. Homosexuals, unruly children, people who murder their father on a Monday, people who bake a pie on Saturday... they are to be stoned.

Pure Bliss said...

I suppose that I am not "secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods" so you are right.

Tatarize said...

Oh yes, secretly telling folks to serve other gods is a quick route to a good stoning.

If there's one thing monotheistic religion teaches us, it is that in a universe with only one god, believers will start whoring with other gods the instant your back is turned.