Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Amateur blogging and amphisbaenia.

So, the other day my young cousins brought some critter to me asking if it was a snake or a worm. I recognized it as an amphisbaenia, though reluctant to make the determination at the time (also forgot the word just remembered that there was a worm reptile). I told them to put it outside beyond the reach of their younger sibling (who initially found they guy). Wow, I thought to myself, I read about those things but never thought I'd see one. I looked for some more pictures of them on GIS then I remembered, that I had a blog and and a webcam. But, alas, I couldn't find the guy outside. So no, confirmation that I was right, my memories are fading perhaps it was just an odd looking snake that happen to look exactly like a worm. Perhaps it was a stick, or a piece of spaghetti... without pictures I don't know what to believe and I'm subject to second guessing. And considering there aren't any species of amphisbaenia in this area I could easily be wrong. Perhaps there's some other kind of snake that looks exactly like an earthworm with bright colors, seemingly two heads. Perhaps there's some kind of worm with a spine (from the feel of it). I just don't know.

The entire point of this post is to say, my amateurish 'wow that's awesome, let's not take and post pictures to my blog' style blogging will end. Pictures of cool stuff rather than second hand "it looked like a snake/worm, but also looked like it had two heads, was about four inches long and had some bright colors" in the future for me. Thank You. My apologies.

I'm fairly sure I got the order Squamata right.

No comments: