Thursday, January 7, 2010

Carl Sagan predicts the AntiChrist.

"There's another reason I think popularizing science is important, why I try to do it. It's a foreboding I have -- maybe ill-placed -- of an America in my children's generation, or my grandchildren's generation, when all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when we're a service and information-processing economy; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest even grasps the issues; when the people (by "the people" I mean the broad population in a democracy) have lost the ability to set their own agendas, or even to knowledgeably question those who do set the agendas; when there is no practice in questioning those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and religiously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in steep decline, unable to distinguish between what's true and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into superstition and darkness. " -- Carl Sagan.

Christian: BTW, I find much irony in Sagan's quote in that technology will indeed be hijacked by a dark force so as to force the world population to accept a "mark" whereas they may buy or sell anything. I sincerely hope you will have chosen to not be numbered among them.
 *facepalm*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed - *facepalm*